- Activities Report
- Farmers' Market
Friends of Canaan Village has received $500 from the Mascoma Savings Bank to help fund the new edition of the Business and Services Directory. We plan to have the Directory available by the summer. Folks will be able to pick up a copy at the Mascoma Savings Bank, the Town Library, the Town Offices, and Canaan Hardware Store.
If you would like to add your business to the listing or update your current listing, please send your business name and phone number (state type of business if not obvious from business name) to Joanna Carr at: email@example.com or call 603-523-7910. Businesses are included free of charge.
Friends Receive Brundage Grant
Friends of Canaan Village is the recipient of a $1000 grant from the Brundage Foundation. This amount is intended to be the Friends' contribution to the 2014 Lions Club Concerts on the Common.
These weekly summertime concerts generally begin the first Tuesday after the Fourth of July. Friends provide ice cream sundaes. The concerts are free, open to everyone, and bring joy to all ages.
Hope to see you next summer at the Concerts. Check the town website in late spring for the 2014 schedule.
Many thanks to the Brundage Foundation for supporting this community event.
2013 David O. Cushman Memorial Golf Tournament
2014 David O. Cushman Memorial Golf Tournament
Friends of Canaan Village, Inc.
"Friends in Deeds"
As its name implies, Friends of Canaan Village, Inc. is dedicated to supporting Canaan's Village center, also known as the Downtown.
MissionTo create a safe, vital, attractive, and welcoming village center through civic projects and activities and, thereby, to benefit the entire community.
MembershipMembership is open to all Canaan residents, and to non-residents as well, who support its mission.
Members are not required to attend meetings. Any level of involvement is very welcome, starting with simply paying dues ( whatever amount a member wishes to give). We are hoping to expand our membership. If you are interested in joining Friends, come to a meeting and learn more.
Ongoing Activities, Projects, and Support of Civic Enterprises
- Farmers' Market
- Canaan Business and Services Directory
- Old Home Days Participation
- Financial Support:
- Lions' Club Summer Bandstand "Concerts in the Park"
- Ice Cream Sales at the weekly summer concerts
Downtown Safety and Beautification
- Downtown Revitalization Project maintenance
- Spring Plantings
- Maintenance of Depot Park
- Holiday Lights and Decorations
- David O. Cushman Winter Golf Tournament
- Cooperation with other town committees and groups
- Assist with Conservation Committee's Spring Roadside Clean-up
2013 ANNUAL REPORT
New Accomplishments Since the 2012 Annual Meeting
Items with an * were in collaboration with one or more civic groups
- Mission Statement re-wording. It now reads: The mission of the Friends of Canaan Village is "to create a safe, vital, attractive, and welcoming village center through civic projects and activities and, thereby, to benefit the entire community."
- Letterhead Logo adopted
- Revival of Winter Golf (David O. Cushman Winter Golf Tournament)*
- Support of Christmas in Canaan*
- Welcome Packets for new residents
- Repair of Park Bench
- Repair of Gazebo latticework
- "So You Think You Know Canaan" Quiz
- Sponsor of Canaan Clean Cans Campaign*
- Contributor to Recreation Committee Silent Auction for Swim Lessons*
- Farmers' Market Raffle Basket
- Sponsorship of Canaan Farmers' Market
- Periodic printing of the Business and Services Directory
- Mowing and maintenance of Depot Park
- Lions Club Concerts on the Common: financial support and ice cream sales*
- Pass the Book winter reading series at the Town Library*
- Holiday Lights, Decorations, and Flags
- Downtown flowers and tree tending
- Old Home Days sponsor and participant
- Maintenance of Welcome to Canaan Village signs
- Maintenance of Library Bulletin Board (formerly Town Crier)*
- Friends of Canaan Village webpage
As of 9/25/2013, total membership was 79
Friends in Deeds
The Farmers' Market runs from May to October each year and meets on the Village Green on Sundays from 10-1